Just replaced a fuse in my car for the first time. Feeling proud. 🙌
Dear God I forgot how delicious this is.
Shipyard and I decided: it’s officially fall.
(Minus all the 70-degree weather that’s coming our way this week. Pay no mind.)
This is first time in the five years I’ve lived in Ithaca that the upper part of the Cascadilla Gorge Trail has been open. Time to explore!
"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings."
One of those rare occasions where the food actually comes out looking like the picture on the recipe. So obvs had to post.
Sweet potato and bean chili with sour cream, radishes and scallions.
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
(Source: kaliskadyami, via liebetina)
First batch of homemade almond milk!
No filter needed for this beautiful view from the Finger Lakes National Forest this morning. :) ☀